Summer fun may be just around the corner- are your family's teeth ready? You may be stocking up on sunscreen and planning your big vacation, but be sure to take some time to get your pearly whites in order.
Here are a few "Toothful-Tips" to think about before our Jupiter schools let out.
For the whole family:
- Summer heat triggers thirst. Keep track of what you drink and limit sugary beverages. Water should be your first choice to quench your family’s thirst.
- To beat the heat, you may be tempted to overindulge in icy, sugary treats like ice cream and snow cones. Please just moderate your intake, especially in the kiddos.
- If you find yourself at a fair, keep the whole family accountable for what they eat. Fair foods are laden with sugar and calories. Sticky caramels, sugary cotton candy, and taffies are just a few of the not-so-great choices available at fairs and carnivals.
- Going to see a summer blockbuster at the movies? Eat a healthy meal first. Skip the sugary offerings at the concession stand.
- Everyone may want to play in the sun, which is why it’s important to protect your teeth with a mouth guard. Check this list to see if you may need one.
- Replace your toothbrushes. The beginning of summer is a great time to get the whole family a new toothbrush. You could also get travel toothbrush covers like Steripod for everyone if you are planning to go on a vacation.
For the kids:
Keep the kids on a schedule. Without school activities dictating the kids’ schedule, it’s easy to forget routines—especially dental care routines. We must keep them brushing and flossing all summer long.
Schedule your kids’ dental checkup on a slow day. That way you won’t have to pull them out of school when the school year starts up again. Of course, you can always call us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kubiliun- Jupiter’s top dentist.
- Sweet cocktails and sparkling wines can accelerate tooth decay. Frozen cocktails are often made with sugary syrups. Consume in moderation.
- Denture-wearers should invest in a spare pair of dentures if they plan to travel. Dentures can get lost easily.
- Check your travel insurance to be sure you have adequate dental coverage, especially if you are traveling abroad. Nearly 45% of Americans take some kind of summer vacation, so make sure your dental coverage is in place. If you don’t have any dental insurance, we have an affordable in-house dental plan. We even have discounted family plans!
Summer is nearly here. Are you ready? What about your teeth? Small steps now can prevent big regrets later. Take stock of you and your family’s dental health care needs, and hopefully, we see you all this summer at our Jupiter dental office.
From all of us here at Harbor Breeze Dental Care- Thank you for taking the time to read this article!
Please share with your friends and remember to KEEP SMILING!
By providing links to other sites, Harbor Breeze Dental Care in Jupiter, Florida does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information or products available on these sites. All pictures are from Big Stock Photo and Pixabay. This blog has been endorsed and approved by Mark Kubiliun, DDS in Jupiter, Florida.